There are only a few days left to apply for the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) and the International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA) Aviation Scholarship for a professional woman in aviation.
With the objective of enhancing the development of women in aviation, selected candidates will enhance their professional aviation experience by working on and contributing to specific aspects of the ICAO work program at the international level for nine months.
IAWA is supporting ICAO in its efforts to promote the development of women in aviation by providing voluntary contributions and by assisting in identifying women in aviation who meet the requirements for the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates are required to have:
- An advanced university degree (Masters’ level or equivalent), in an aviation-related discipline.
- A minimum of two years of experience in supporting technical work of an international aviation or aerospace organisation, a civil aviation authority, or similar related organization.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of any other of the following ICAO languages is an asset—Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and/or Spanish.
Selected candidates will work under the guidance of experienced professionals in the Air Navigation Bureau at the ICAO Headquarters in Montreal—the area that manages the safety and infrastructure strategies of ICAO in a partnership with aviation stakeholders.
Possible areas of work and responsibilities for candidates would include:
- Sharing of safety information to improve safety
- Runway Safety Teams (RSTs)
- Safety Management
- Aviation Safety Block Upgrades (ASBUs)
- Next Generation for Aviation Professionals (NGAPs)
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, submit an online application at ICAO’s e-Recruitment website by Friday 27 February.